Here we have a pair of sconces made from a half-dozen vintage graters of different sizes along with some nice scrap wood. Natural patinas vary between the different graters - from still-somewhat-shiny tin to dark, even oxidation, and shades in between - and have been preserved under acrylic clear coat. Color seen in photos is lent by the rich ironwood backplate.
Half of the graters are stamped "Rapid," the others "Wonder." I have used the variety of color and detail to create a random symmetry between the two lamps.
These lamps would be perfect on a brick wall in a loft or converted warehouse office space.
- Each measures 13 inches high by 9 inches at the top (widest point).
- Extend about 3 1/2 inches from the wall.
- Double socket in each takes 2 standard base bulbs, Clear torpedo shape looks best to me, but tubular or even appliance bulbs would work.
- As backplates make the sconces quite heavy, these will need to hang from a stud or solid wall, unless you plan to install them permanently.
- Cords are about 6 feet long, with high-low switch a few inches below the shade.
If hardwiring, note that minor modifications will be needed (e.g., holes drilled in backplate for screws to attach to box). Front shade portion can easily be removed and replaced as needed for access."
This product ships from: United States
International Shipping: This product does not ship internationally.
* Shipping prices in foreign currencies are approximate.