//= "http://" . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>
Idea submitted by:
This lamp, made from a cookie tin, would hang sweetly over a counter, table, or desk. Or you could hang it in that dark corner where you're always wishing you had a light.
The primary color is red, as is the cord, and the shade has several intricate colorful images in yellows, oranges, and browns, as shown in photos. I painted the inside white, to reflect the light softly (even a CFL), and drilled holes in the top for ventilation.
- Shade measures 3 3/4 inches high by 7 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 15-foot cord: red fiber-wrapped with black socket and switch, or white plastic with white socket and switch.
- Switch on cord 20+ inches from plug end.
- Takes standard base bulb, incandescent, LED or CFL. A small round incandescent bulb will be less visible than a full-size one.
- Can be hardwired to your house electrics. Please consult a knowledgeable electrician.
Note: The cord set's tag says to use it with a 60 watt bulb maximum. I believe this is because these cords are commonly used with paper lanterns. Nonetheless, I recommend using a CFL or LED bulb if you want more light, as it will stay cooler."