//= "http://" . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>
Idea submitted by:
This lamps is made from a cookie tin and a coolie hat. The design on the tin is primarily red, black, and gold, and is different on adjacent sides (two designs). The shade has layers of paper inside show through in a lovely and enigmatic way.
If you need a pair of lamps, check out this one's nonidentical sibling Fortune Cookie II: http://kuttlefish.com/items/fortune-cookie-ii-table-lamp. The sizes are similar, but dimensions and shades differ somewhat. Together, they're perfect for the person who wants it all (or the couple who can't agree): fun yet elegant, matching but not identical.
- Colors of base are primarily red, black, and metallic gold. Shade is natural straw. All hardware is brass.
- Base is rectangular, 5 x 6 inches.
- Overall height is about 19 inches; base height is about 8 1/2 inches.
- On/off switch on the socket.
- Base has minor scratches since it is second hand.
- Shade sit on harp.
- Uses standard base incandescent bulbs; torpedo shape will work best due to size of the harp. CFLs probably will not work, either size- or appearance-wise. 60 watt maximum recommended.
- Base is weighted for stability and has grippy feet on the bottom to keep it from sliding around."